3 October 2014

Natural Hair Straightening - How, Why and When


Would you believe me if I told you that mixing some natural oils you could leave your hair straight naturally? Or mixing other oils, you can leave your afro hair, curly? Probably not, right? But Jessika from Fazer Cosmetica believes so. She studied cosmetology and cosmetic formulations, so she knows what she's talking about, not to mention that she is proof that Natural Oils can change your hair, she uses them and approves them. (can't post the photos yet.) She has a blog dedicated to that. All cosmetic formula that you can imagine, you can find there made with natural oils. Link up there.

My goal is to translate the formulas so that more and more people can use it (with her permission, of course.)
So for starters, I'm going to translate how to apply natural oils.

Applying the oils, step by step. (I'll summarize a bit but I'm not going to let the main parts out.)

  • First Application: Wash the hair 2 to 3 times of preference with Deep Clean Shampoo or coconut soap. Wait for your hair to get completely dry and apply the oils and leave your hair wet and gradually go combing your hair to spread the oils really well. Leave at least an hour, but the longer you leave it, the better. Then flat iron or hair dryer your hair but not too hot because otherwise they'll absorb the oils. After, wash your hair with unconcentrated shampoo (for each 100 ml of concentrated shampoo, add 50 ml of water) to not open up the cuticle and the oils escape. Wash as much as it sees fit, but pass 2 times more the conditioner. Example, you washed your hair 3 times, pass the conditioner 5 times.

  • Second Application Onwards: You don't have to wash your hair before, because if you're always washing you will remove the oils that your hair has received. Do everything the same way you did in the first time, just don't wash your hair before. (Intervals of 2 to 3 days.)

  • You can apply once a week. If you do so, make the same way you did in the first application.
- Do not use chemical straightening before oils, slows and complicates the treatment leaving your hair worse. (if applicable)

- Don't dye your hair before treatment, slows down the results.

- I can't know for sure when you'll see results, as this depends on various aspects. If your hair is thick or thin, how long you leaves it in, if the brand is good, if the oils are natural and if you did everything right. She ensures it flattens all types of hair, just wait. It's not a quick process, of course.

- Best to let your hair down, so it can get the straight shape, that's why is good to use a flat iron or hair dryer to give a little heat and the oils penetrate faster.

- Thin and/or Virgin hair get straight faster, so if your hair is chemically treated you'll see more results in the root when he starts to grow.

I just started using only natural coconut oil on my hair and after reading the right way to do it I find out that I'm doing it wrong for a few months and I'm sad, but glad to finally have understood how to do it. But I noticed differences in my hair anyway, my root is much softer and with less volume (I have curly, dry and voluminous hair, imagine!) so even doing it the wrong way, the coconut oil is wonderful and helped me anyway.
We ♥ Natural Oils.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 We Heart Beauties